Old 01-27-06, 03:41 PM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I posted this as a joke. I have nothing against "roadies". I own a road bike and ride it sometimes. I also don't really ride to prove anything to anybody. I just think this is a pretty funny phenomenon. I'm also talking about commuting and riding around town, not riding in a group, where I will try to stick with the pace the group is riding, and usually I'm the slow one.

As people who ride fixed know, if you can't turn your cranks over at a reasonable clip on a steep hill it's painful. I don't set out to "drop" people, but that's what happens. Some of them try to catch me. With me spinning down the other side of the hill it's pretty easy to do, especially since I'm usually not trying to go that fast. Even if I was trying to go fast, I can only spin so fast. I'm just saying it's not that hard to do, but some people seem pleased with themselves to catch me.