Thread: In a Slump...
View Single Post
Old 01-27-06, 05:21 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I am not as lucky as you where normally you can get on a bike for a 5 mile leg stretch whenever possible. My rides are planned for sundays and wednesdays. Surprising how many times I tell the others that I just want a gentle ride this time. Or that I do not even want to ride, but the others are relying on me to make up the numbers.

Within a few miles, I am raring to pick up speed, or I am working out how that easy ride can take a diversion to find a stiffer hill, or an extra few miles. All it takes is a mile or so on the bike and the enthusiasm comes back.

What I have found though is that a hard day at the offfice, or after I have had a night mare of a day, and all I want to do is get out on the bike. That is time for a gym trip as it is not easy to ride unprepared in zero temperature and when it is chucking it down. I may have those conditions on wednesday nights, but I am prepared mentally for that.

Then again, I only ride twice a week. Perhaps you ought to get in longer rides and less rides a week. Or perhaps I ought to be better prepared and get out more often.

Spike Milligan