View Single Post
Old 01-28-06, 09:31 AM
Wavshrdr
Folding bike junkie!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
@guydickinson - good eyes! You are the first one to notice it. It actually makes for a slightly longer wheelbase. This is a bit better for touring and long distance riding not to mention I am a big guy and it helps with my weight distribution. I personally think that they are a bit better at absorbing the shock than the straight forks as well as giving me a bit more clearance for my fenders. It also adds to the "retro" look. At some point I will probably go for a full suspended for but I need to find something that will be in keeping with the rest of the bike and so far I haven't seen as much need for it as I thought I might.

I don't think there was a single part on the bike I didn't sweat the details. I am sure Peter got tired of talking with me at times but from every bearing to the spokes I went over with him to make that if it was worth upgrading I would do it. I even went with a ramped and pinned chainrings in case I every add a front derailleur at some point in the future. In some areas he truly felt that upgrades weren't worth the cost and others he thought my choices were probably the best upgrades you could make for the money.

Today I may try my performance bike rack (I bought it there but I don't know what brand it is and it's not QR but it is very sturdy and has supported my daughter riding on it at times. It has 4 allen head screws and I always keep a tool for it and I can remove it in about 30 seconds and on my Dahons it doesn't affect the fold and I don't think it will on the Swift.