Old 04-21-03, 10:03 PM
ITALIA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sharing this story because it's so very true.

When I purchased my first pair of clipless, I practiced almost daily on my trainer before hitting the pavement. Several weeks later, feeling pretty good about clicking in and out, I went for a ride. DUH!!!

Riding down a bike path, I had not problem until I came to a stop. I tried to click out and I was STUCK!! I was speechless. In seconds, I fell completely over. I didn't hurt myself, thank god, but... what blew me away was, it was so many people handing out that summer day on the bike path and when I fell, it was dead silence, as if i was the only one there. I struggled as if I was glued to the clips to get out. Once succeeding, I stood up, dusted myself off and picked up my bike. I dared not to turn around to see the many faces holding their breaths looking at me. I checked the bottom of my shoe, got back on my bike and road off. I was mad like no other.

Returning to the bike store for re-adjustments... it happened again. This time in the middle of the street. Thanking my luck stars no traffic was moving.

To make a long story short, I had to write a complaint letter to the owner of the store for him to this inform his Jack a-- employee who sold me the pedals, to exchange them. Come to find out, there were defective.

Now...by a difference manufacturer. I haven't fallen since.

Last edited by ITALIA; 04-21-03 at 10:11 PM.