Old 01-30-06, 08:00 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Rabid Koala
mrmw, you sound kind of like me.

I gave up riding when I got a car. Sold the bike to finance a better car. Didn't ride for at least ten years.

Bought a used Gitane at a swap meet for $15. Rode occasionally. Gave it up again.

Bought a used Univega mountain bike at a garage sale. Started riding with my son.

Got rid of the Univega and bought a new Trek comfort bike. I loved it. Until.......

My neighbor gave me a mid-eighties Giant road bike. It was pink and white. Rode it once or twice after dark to try it out. Refinished it with a Dupli-color rattle cans, blue and silver with fade at the headtube. Ever tried a fade with a rattle can? Rode it but it was a bit small. Kept riding in pain.

Started buying bikes on Ebay, not to mention a truckload of parts. Bought a Raleigh Competition GS and refinished it the right way. Bought more parts. Bought a Raleigh International frame and built it up. Bought more parts. Then a Schwinn Paramount, bought more parts. Then a Raleigh Pro. Bought more parts, started building wheels. Bought a truing stand. And on and on and on.....

It is a disease.

My name is David and I am a bikeaholic. I haven't bought a bike or a part in at least two weeks now.
Tell you what, you can order all the parts you want, just as long as the frames are 58cm and you change your shipping address to mine.

Love seeing these old Schwinns. I will have to find myself another one one of these days, maybe a Paramount track frame. mmmm.... I like that idea. My slippery slope started with a Schwinn as well. A 1980 Traveler. Then it was the 83 Centurion with a CroMo frame that I spent 3 months painting and sourcing parts for. Then the full 531 steel Gazelle that I just finished. Must level out and sell off a few things now that I'm about to move, but my house must either have a 3 car garage (or rather 2 cars and a bike section) or a seperate detached workshop / storage area. muahahahaha!