Old 02-01-06, 10:49 PM
knoregs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by attercoppe
Can I ask what you do for work?
tech consulting.... no office / storefront, no cell phone, just me & bike... this winter I'm also working full time doing appliance delivery and setup... hard work but this will buy me a new bike and allow me to enjoy it all summer long

Originally Posted by attercoppe
For those of us who don't race (yet), what's a brevet?
copied from RUSA website... www.rusa.org -- brevet (bruh vay) - Literally, the word means "certificate", "patent", or "diploma" in French. In "randonneuring", it means two things: certification of having successfully done a randonné, --indicated by a small numbered sticker placed on a completed brevet card --, as well as, by extension the long-distance event itself (at least 200 kilometers in length). Completing a successful brevet means one's ride has been certified and registered in France, and the rider's name is added to the roll of honor, going all the way back to 1921. These challenging rides can also entitle the rider to enter longer events such as Paris-Brest-Paris or Boston-Montréal-Boston. As used in the "randonneuring" world, the terms brevet and randonnée are often interchangeable, but in common cycling usage, a randonnée might be considered to be less structured or formal than a brevet.