demo9orgon
carfree

Bikes: Specialized Hyrbrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipko
I dunno if this was purposefully hyperbolic but it is an untue characterization of introverts. I am an introvert, with a capital INTROVERT, but i find myself getting drawn into bike rack conversations with people about my bike, my lights, problems they are having with their bikes etc. I definitely wouldnt say that it is all the time, and i imagine the conversations lack the enthusiasm and zeal i imagine the PP having, but if someone start talking to my i am happy to carry on the conversation.
I've taken enough psychology and sociology classes to know which camp I'm in, and yes I dialed the introvert description a bit toward the extreme, however introverts aren't all dialed to the same setting. I chose one which I recently encounted.

I tend to creep people out unless there's something like the bike-trailer to make up for the fact that I have an aura of evil about me. I guess that's what I get for exceeding my college reading requirements or having that whole goatee and evil-eyebrows thing or something less tangible. :-)

I effortlessly partition personal space in any checkout line without saying a word and unless the car-windows are tinted I'm always making eye-contact with drivers who are entering/exiting traffic as I approach them. They don't like it when you scowl at them, especially when they know they weren't paying attention.