View Single Post
Old 02-03-06, 05:49 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by bjlaw
jppe

As a side note, I too am an avid golfer for over 40 years. I have played in pro ams and all over the country at fabulous courses. But for the last three years biking has been my passion. If I get invited to fill a foursome on a Saturday or Sunday morning I now decline as many times as I accept because I would rather be on my bike. I dream about bicycles now, not golf clubs.

Looks like a great ride in a beautiful part of the country. Keep your head down!

BJ
Interesting!! I think you would probably agree that there a lot of similarities between the two activities (cost, time involvement, activity for life, social involvement, groups versus solo, etc) but also just as many differences as well. Since neither comes "naturally" for me I'm finding to be decent at either it's going to take a commitment to one or the other. I've had my day in the sun with golf and am really intrigued by this cycling stuff. It's taking me a couple years to make the commitment but I'm almost to the point of not playing unless I need to for my job. Now THAT is a live changing move.......