View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 10:41 AM
tulip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A bit chilly this morning, maybe 30F (I forgot to look at the thermometer on my porch). My first few blocks are uphill, and for some reason, this hill loses alot of water, and when it's cold, the water becomes ice...black ice. So I have to walk for a block or two to get around it. I overdressed a bit, and 20 minutes into my ride, had to take off a layer.

As for wind, I just don't worry about speed. Just pedal, in a low gear, and make it to the next landmark. Getting stressed about going slow just defeats the purpose of the ride. I ride to get rid of stress, not create it.

I saw a goodly number of commuters today, even one up near my 'hood! I couldn't catch him though, as he motored down 4th Street in NE DC. I saw one woman who was dressed identically to me, even down to the helmet color! We gave each other a laugh as we passed.

It was light when I left at 7:15. No need for the headlight. Granted, I was running late today, but still, the days are definitely getting longer. I bet I'll be doing the round-trip commute before the month is out!