View Single Post
Old 08-15-00, 12:26 AM
MorganDunne201

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very well put... nothing wrong with discs~ they're worth every dollar of the money your'e going to put into buying new hubs, maybe getting an adapter for the rear if disc brake mounts aren't built in already...

it's good that companies like Grimeca are making dependable, high quality disc systems at a more affordable price.

also, take your time while grimeca works out the kinks in their four piston system. Don't get me wrong~ i don't think they're gonna fall apart on you~ but because like any other product, getting something in its first production year is just shy of being a perfectly good idea. (GT took a good POUND AND A HALF off their I-Drive system the second year around)Grimeca's are supposed to have everything Hayes has, plus excellent modulation.

Patience is a virtue... next year's stuff should have some key improvements. take this time to save up your money.

The Shimano XT disc system is nothing but the Grimeca product, unpainted and stamped with the XT logo.. both come out of the same factory~ but maybe shimano's foresight in labeling this year's brakes "XT"'s instead of "XTR"'s might mean they have something more in store for their disc brakes.

[Edited by MorganDunne201 on 08-15-2000 at 02:30 AM]