Old 02-07-06, 07:20 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by wagathon
That's a bummer. What's your lowest gear? Just curious. I have a bad knee but no medical background so I can't be of any help, although my guess is that you'll have to stop pushing hard for a while or maybe as a riding lifestyle to protect against that happening again. I have some low gears to be on the the "safe" side. Good luck.
My lowest gear is 38/26. I tried to use it for a very easy neighborhood ride it but it was too low so I shifted up a few cogs. Oddly the knee pain hurts more when spinning 80-90 that when pushing a slightly higher gear (even at 10mph) at 50-60.
I just gotta be patient. The MRI will be telling of how serious I problem I got. Part of what is pushing my patience is waiting for Dr. appts. and test. Like I said its been 3.5wks since I first got the problem and about 3 since I first called Dr., but each appt. and test has a several day wait. PT wont start for another 2wks and until then I feel like I am doing nothing to start rehab. (except of course the non-use rest which is certainy a very important part)
Al