Old 02-10-06, 06:17 PM
thebankman
Stooge

Bikes: one of each

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The next goal is to get to 180lb, I think there's at least twenty pounds to lose on my gut. It's nice to look down while riding and see a different me in my shirt.

At this point, I don't even think about calorie content. It just doesn't seem important. 100 calories in a Gu packet is like nuthin when you're exercising just about every day, that's just a pick-me-up to hold me over until I can get some pretzel sticks. Calories just don't matter...it seems that finding foods that are high in protein and fairly high in carbohydrates fill you up and fuel the muscle recovery.

Some foods that work: pickled okra (available at some Safeway stores, thank goodness they taste soooo good you can eat a whole jar in one sitting!), the fake cheese that's sold in slices since it fills you up has high protein and can fit in a pocket, and super burritos with chicken and without sour cream and cheese (pinto beans are the best food for recovery, chicken has your fats and protein, avacados and tomatoes/onions/cilantro are your veggies, rice is the starch that just makes you think you've eaten a bigger meal than you have).