View Single Post
Old 04-30-03, 10:28 AM
Road Warrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Ron-- Thanks for the philosophy! It makes GREAT SENSE! If all goes well June 11,2003 -- I'll be able to ride 24X7 -- at anytime! I'm finally retiring from Law Enforcement after 23 1/2 years! I know I'll feel "naked" for a while -- not getting up and going to work --- and I'll never shake my personal assessment /suspicion of people -places-or things -but that's life! It's very much akin to military life. Old habits die hard!
I believe I earned this retirement. This career was extremely unique and rewarding but - it came with a great many personal hardships and sacrifices. Especially during my tenure. Women in Law Enforcement were an oddity. They were in non traditional work roles.Moreover, we had to PROVE our selves hour by hour ---- day by day -- before we were even considersidered a compatible partner/officer. The journey was worth it in the long haul because it opened the doors for women today! Sorry if I rambled - but - I just had to get that out! Looking forward to interacting with you in the near future! Thanks again for the Welcome! Jeannie