Old 02-13-06, 01:52 PM
Theakston
Old Peculier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee brown
Ok, I just risked my life and rode into work today. I'm mad. And I'm going to call over to the park service today. I'll post something once I get some kind of solid confirmation from them on what they plan to do about the Mt. Vernon Trail.

... I'm going to pursue this and force them to at least provide basic service for the Mt. Vernon Trail". So please... no lectures about how I can take public transportation, no talk about how they never do anything. They never do anything because we act like a bunch of aholes and we let them do this to us. I'm not going to allow them to treat me (or other cyclists) this way. We deserve equal access just as much as cars and pedestrians do for their streets and sidewalks. If they can't give it to us, then they should reimburse us for taking public transportation, taxis, or renting cars. I want action. I want retribution. Dammit, I want to not have to risk my life and take an hour and five minutes to ride into work when it usually only takes me 30 minutes!

**** the system!

Koffee
What really makes me laugh is that the Park Service always immediately plough the parking spots along the trail.....for what? if the trail isn't usable what's the point!