Old 02-13-06, 06:46 PM
Eggplant Jeff
45 miles/week

Bikes: Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have that exact bag. (Edit: I mean the bag in the OP)

I've been using it for about 9 months so far. It is surprisingly waterproof given that it doesn't claim to be waterproof (it might say it's water resistant or something). I've ridden home in a downpour (4.5 miles) and the contents were like 98% dry... the inside was slightly damp is all (and I really mean slightly).

It isn't huge, but my planner, pants shirt underwear socks, cell, wallet, keys, sunglasses, and some other small misc all fit in the main compartment.

I don't use the panniers (I think I have used 'em once), normally I just keep them folded up inside they way they are when you buy the bag. You can use the two sides as side pockets that way instead of as panniers (and you can get real panniers, I have a grocery bag pannier I sometimes hang on one side). But I keep a lock in one side pocket (not a u-lock, a 6' cable) and a couple spare tubes + a saddle cover in the other side. The back pocket has my multitool, tire levers, patches, spare batteries, and probably some other small misc I'm forgetting about.

All in all I'd say it is a great buy. Sometime within the last month I somehow tore one zipper slightly, however it still zips past the tear most of the time (and even if it didn't, there's two zippers, I could zip from both sides if I had to). I think it has one other minor piece of damage that I can't think of at the moment.

I do not treat it very carefully, I take it off the bike every day at work (bike stays outside, so I carry it in). It's put up with a lot of abuse for a $30 bag.

Last edited by Eggplant Jeff; 02-13-06 at 09:18 PM.