Old 02-14-06, 12:49 AM
53x11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
evry time i talk t car mechanics they all say that american engeneered cars have same "cost cutting" parts in themwhich make them faster to brake, such as plastic radiators, and also they say in order to save money they use plastic whenewer possible..

What i dont understand is why GM engeneers (i'm sure they are as smart as Germans) having all the best computers and software around just cannot make a car even similar to lowest end German or Japaneese car? It's like a cuse or something. A friend of mine who was working in one of these plants said, right from the drawing board they start cutting costs, use plastic alot in the engine compartments etc.. it is a way of thinking, which is very very hard to change..

same attitute at cannondale engeneering dept.. that crack happens very often, they been notified 1.5 years sgo, but just too spupid to realize that right dropout needs to be as thick as left one... that "dont care" attitude ruins American manufacturing as a whole..

same way SRAM will never be as good as Shimano or Campagnolo.. despite their little red volvo wich will be riding around in the races..

and yes, that
caad4 frame was a scond replacemnt frame

Originally Posted by jbhowat
Ford and GMs quality has done nothing but improve in the past few decades. Its unwanted models and marketing, combined with competition from foreign automakers (TOYOTA) that has been slowly killing the big 3. Anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean much if you want to look at quality - looking at someonthing like JD Powers and see where Ford, Chevy, MB, and BMW all rank.

That said I'm a die-hard German car fan. I own one and haven't had any problems.

What was the Cannondale model in 2004 that came with a CAAD4?