Old 02-14-06, 06:03 PM
Chester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
Thanks Dahvaio and Vbclown for the Google Earth Plus feedback. Good to know I could use a free MotionBased account to liaison with it.

Like everyone else, I'm keen to get training data and HRM functions and all that. But I've been salivating over the 305 (and its predecessors) because they might help me put together detailed ride reports...because I'm a dork like that.

What I'd really like is a way to automate synchronization between the Garmin's GPS data with a publicly-browsable site like Wayfaring.com. The GPS data would be for eliminating the tedious process of clicking out routes by hand and the Wayfaring site/interface would be for enabling ride annotation/notes/etc.

The GPS would also be cool because, I assume, one can pick out a specific time during one's ride and find out where one was at that moment. If my digital camera's clock is synched with the GPS's, then I would be able to always know precisely where a picture was taken. With Flickr/Google Maps/GPS mash-up web apps, this could help folks do some really cool route guides.

Anyway...I'm still trying to figure out how all the pieces of the puzzle would fit together, so I really appreciate all the detailed reviews that have been posted. Thanks for the effort, folks.