Old 02-16-06, 12:32 PM
Eggplant Jeff
45 miles/week

Bikes: Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wavshrdr, there is no way that swift folds much with that rack on there. Raise the seat, fold the wheel under, drop the seat... the rack's still gonna stick out a bunch. Plus the seatpost you have doesn't look like it has room to drop down significantly either. What you've got there is a very nice general purpose small bike that happens to fold somewhat.

I am looking for a great folder. I agree the swift is a nice bike but I just don't think it's what I'm looking for in terms of foldability. I could totally see having it as a second bike (I liked it more than my current full-size bike), but I'm looking first and foremost for a small folder to ride to work.

I'm not looking for a bike I can customize. I probably wouldn't change anything on a brompton other than the seat (oh and lights). It already has all the stuff I'd want to add to a different bike (fenders, way to carry stuff, etc). I'm also not looking for a bike that can go off-road or take massive abuse or anything. I'm gonna ride it to work. It's gonna see potholes and stuff but that's about it. I'm not looking for a bike that is easy to service. I'm used to working on cars. Compared to cars, servicing anything on ANY bike is like a paint-by-numbers book after doing the sistene chapel. Plus getting service done on a bike is so cheap (again compared to cars) that I'll probably just drop it off if it needs anything significant done anyway.

Last edited by Eggplant Jeff; 02-16-06 at 12:39 PM.