Old 02-19-06, 09:43 AM
DBRD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I'm thinking about buying either the Spongy Wonder seat or the SpiderFlex seat. Has anyone used these and what did you like or dislike about these seats. My doctor told me to stop riding bicycles because of some nerve damage that I got from a century ride on my birthday. Another doctor suggested that I could ride a recumbant bicycle. Since the seat is much less expensive, I thought I would try that first. Hopefully, someone out there can provide a recommendation to help me decide.
I bought a Spongy Wonder seat about a year ago, just after I had picked up a used Radius recumbent. Both are excellent solutions. Riding a 'bent in traffic has drawbacks, though. I plan to buy a second Spongy Wonder for a Roubaix road bike with f & r suspension I picked up off ebay, should be the best of both worlds.

As far as likes and dislikes of the seat, I find it very comfortable. They send a spare set of pads, but after a year of use, the original pads show little wear. Only one drawback: you have to think to put your butt on the seat after standing in the pedals, something you quickly get used to.

The Spongy Wonder on a diamond frame or the recumbent's seat both eliminate the problems of pain, numbness, etc..