Old 02-19-06, 03:20 PM
SteveFox
Tour de World

Bikes: Trek 520, Giant Iguana disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive found getting sponsorship very difficult to get, personally. and when i do find someone willing to help me out even a little, they rarely follow through. ive found it best to just do it yourself. for instance, do everything on the cheap. i am making most of my stuff myself. my front and rear racks are both homemade, and both totalled $4.78 CAD for the materials. thats it, which is really good, compared to buying racks...and mine will prbably out last most store bought ones anyday. im also thinking about making my own panniers. i am supposedly getting sponsored by the sewing school here in town to make them for me, but ive been there several times in the last few months, and nothing has been done yet...so i beginning to wonder. i priced out the material for them, and it wont be more than $150 CAD for all 4 panniers...so in realitly, ive spent as much on all my racks and panniers as some would spend on one pannier...
im also currently working on getting a financial sponsorship, but thats not looking up anymore either, and ive got a fairly worthwhile cause. i think my problem is not many see my cause as being as worth while as others. o well, ill get it done somehow. good luck on getting sponsors though, its tough.

Steve