Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by Justen
Training for Ladie only - what's that ?
Do you mean the bike course they put on?
It is a single track on Fromme. Pretty basic from what I know of it but lots of fun. I am trying to get a ride down there to start doing some of the tracks on the shore itself. I ride quite a few trails up here but the manmade section pale in comparrison to the shore

Anyway, you're right - the two do go in hand. It's fun to do stuff on the street and practice balancing. I practice cycling right on the edge of curbs (where there are no cars against them), down stairs, over steep embankments with roots etc.
In training for the 'shore'

Can you suggest a few good areas in Van for practicing ? One guy told me to try under the South side of the Burrard bridge. Haven't had a chance to go there.
Any other good places you know of ?
When I lived there I did nothing but work and smoke weed so really I didn't think of riding. Off the top of my head on Lonsdale there is a tonne of little things to play on. Lots of side streets with little ramp ups and staircases to ride up or down. Of course a little further over you have the docks which is a place where endless riding can be had. And then if you go even further you can go to cove bikes and ask some of the best riders on the west coast where some riding is. ...