mx_599
Lost in the Black Hills

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerman
Integrated and Mid.

The Solid may be awesome, but the FSA Impact I have right now is cheaper, lower profile, and is just as smooth.

The Mid will be stronger, the bearings won't blow out as easily (I blew out two pairs of Euro bearings in a year, but I've never broken the American-sized bearings used in the Mid), and, honestly, the weight difference between the two is negligible. American-Euro conversion kits are ********, BTW; you won't say any weight, and the bearings will be much weaker.
thanks...follow-up question.

1) no reservations or worries that the head tube will ovalize? i guess this is probably just in aluminum frames. this is probably the only hesitation i have. should i not worry about that in a chromoly frame?

2) what do you think about about a euro BB and the outboard bearing type? i think it could tastefully work on a BMX. regardless if you think it wouldn't look right, do you think those outboard bearing models are better? i mean they do hold up to down hillers and free rider's abuse?

3) i don't mean to belabor this point, but it is important i iron these issues out now. set-aside the fact you blew out a few euro's, just frame wise...do you think that for any reason that a mid makes for a better frame?

thanks

Last edited by mx_599; 02-21-06 at 05:33 PM.