Old 02-21-06, 09:54 PM
mtb-chop

Bikes: Stumpjumper FSR 30th Anniversary

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
If your doc is giving you that type of advice, and you want to continue with your pre-injury activities, get a second, third, or fourth opinion.
At that point, rowing was much more important to me than skiing. I was rowing at a very high level and didn't want to jeapordize that. Also, I didn't want to end up in EXACTLY the same boat that alcahueteria did. Could I have kept skiing? Definitely. But since I had 4 surgeries within 4 years, I'm glad I didn't. Hindsight, it was a good decision for me to stop at that point in my life. I still run, play football and basketball, and am just as active as I ever was - except for the skiing. That said, before surgery #4, the Doc told me to sign up for the 'three mile a year' running plan - corresponds with the semi-annual PT tests. Right - that's one I have disregarded. I was training for a 1/2 marathon last fall, but my knee told me that enough was enough one day after a 10 mile trail run...I cut that sillyness out. Still run, but no more than 3-4 miles at a time.

On another note, I can't imagine tearing EVERY ligament in a knee. I'd be surprised if they could have gotten that back to 'good as new.'