Old 02-23-06, 10:45 AM
Philatio
we are 138

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juicemouse
Are the "rivets" part of the rim, or are they lose? You might be referring to what's known as an "eyelet". They're what's shown in the two pictures below. If that's what you're talking about, there's no way I know of to replace them.
yep, it's an eyelet. thanks

I figured they weren't replaceable but I had to ask.

Originally Posted by jsharr
I had matrix titan s rims on a Trek and when eyelets began to fail, LBS told me replacing wheel was my only option.
hope not I can't afford rims atm, so I guess I'll try out my washer idea...worst that can happen is I damage the rim as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by timcupery
Were the Matrix rims really original to a 1986 Centurion? Matrix is Trek's in-house brand of rims. My guess is they're not original to that bike. Not that it matters to your question.
In the future, it's much better if you can include pictures of something like this.
I don't have any idea if they were original really. I bought the bike on ebay several months ago, the guy made no mention of it so I'm in the dark. I guess it's safe to assume they're off of a Trek though

I would've taken a picture but I don't own a camera. I would've googled one up if I had known what they were called but yea I definetely agree.

Thanks all
-phil