View Single Post
Old 05-06-03, 07:45 PM
defboob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me choose a new bike please :)

Hi there, I've just recently came across these forums while i've been researching to get a new bike. To set the stage, i've been out of biking for awhile and I've just been recently getting back into it, and with the summer coming up i've decided to go out and get a good bike and ride as much as I can this summer. I'd consider myself a XC rider, a little mix of everything really.

I've done alot of looking around online, and pretty much have it down to these two bikes:

2003 Cannondale Jekyll 500:
Click here

2003 Giant NRS 3
Click here

I can get the Giant for $1039, and the Cannonale for $1295 from my local dealers.

I also looked at the NRS 2 ($1399) and the Jekyll 600 ($1535) but I decided that they're a little bit too much over my max price.

I haven't been able to test ride either bike yet b/c i'm still in college right now, but I'd like to once I finish up here soon. But for now, it seems as though the Giant would have a better back suspension in terms of preventing pedal induced bobbing. They both have similar components, although i'd probably switch out the giant's titec HellBent XC handlebars for some titec Enduro XC, mainly because I don't think I would like bent handlebars. I would also probably throw on some bar ends and a cyclo computer.

Can anyone give me any recommendations for one over the other, or any personal experience with them?