View Single Post
Old 02-24-06, 02:41 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
I set the last one so here is an idea for the next challenge. I have quite a few neighbours that have bikes. They take 5 mile trips up a cycle trail and back and that is what they do.Nothing more. I have offered that they come out with us on a ride, but they will not. They see us come back every sunday and it is their firm belief that I am stark raving mad.I arrive back covered in mud at this time of year, or soaking wet because it has rained solid for the last 4 hours, and there is no way they are coming out with me.

I have managed to get one of them and his 18 year old son to promise to come out with me for a gentle ride. All I am proposing to him is a 10 mile ride down to the coast, along a flat cycle path. At the coast we will stop, have a coffee and a bun, and then come back. I am also badgering a few other neighbours to join us, and it is my intension to do this neighbour ride sometime over the Easter weekend.

All of my neighbours are a lot younger than me, they have bikes, and most of them go to the gym- play squash or play a lot of golf- They have fitness, but are just scared of coming out with me. By promising them a gentle ride, they will come out with me. They may never come out again, but If I can get them out once- I Know I will be able to get some of them interested in riding

So this is the next challenge-- To get a neighbour(s) out with you on a gentle ride over the Easter holiday to show them the joys that we all currently experience. It will have to be a very gentle ride, at a slow pace, and may be painfull. but just get someone else out riding with you.
Just a reminder
Time to get working on the neighbours for the challenge of getting your neighbours fit.

I have got pledges from 4 of my neighbours to do a ride over Easter. It will have to be gentle- just so I don't scare them off and I have told them that it will not be a hard ride and I will buy the buns at the cafe. One thing I have not told them is that they will not be able to walk the next day (Sore butt syndrome)

Leaving the timing out of it completely but we have 4 days to find a slot when the weather will be good enough to entice them out for a ride.

Spike Milligan