Old 02-24-06, 06:09 PM
msheron
I-M-D bell curve of bikn'

Bikes: 06' Jamis Eclipse in the making.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No not all FD work I guess. I bought a Ultegra Triple 9 spd. which the FD is for both a 10 spd. and 9 for triples. The only problem is the cage is too deep and when positioned properly the inside cage of the FD rubs or better yet presses firmly against the 52-T chain ring. No way to get it to work. I even raised the FD well above the 2 mm space of the outer cage to the 52-T chain ring......guess what? The cage still rubs at times and when I fine tuned it the damn thing would not shift into the 30-T chain ring unless you used different cassette cogs with the 52-42-30T...........Jeez what a nightmare.

Well the online store I bought the FD takes back items within 30 days if not satisfied. I can't figure the life of me why there is no Ultegra FD without so deep of a inner cage.

My 105 FD is nowhere near as deep as this one. The bad thing is, once I placed it on and set it properly, or what I thought, I clipped the cable length and capped and blam! Now the line is too short for my 105 to go back on.

I learned a good lesson here!