Old 02-24-06, 10:06 PM
Rev.Chuck
The Red Lantern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fore
There are times I wish I could go back to that sort of wrenching purely because of the challenge and creativity involved with it. Working with high-end stuff is easy, it all generally goes together without too much hassle.

And the fact that you've been doing it since I was in sixth grade, I admire that. If nothing else it shows your loyalty to both the sport and the profession.

I also keep a photo collection of screwed up bikes. We occasionally get bikes back from some demo event or something that has a few "what the hell were they thinking?" things done to them. Always fun.

Trust me, you are in a better spot. If I had started younger, and was not in an obligation to others I might have ended up where you are. And you may have to deal with the real racers, I have a couple and they are pretty fussy(annoying fussy, not perfect bike fussy)

What can I say, I like to fix stuff and bikes are the best thing to fix when you have to do it everyday.

My dad had a collection of screwups from his engineering jobs. I started doing it as stories, but now that I have a decent camera(digital, my 35mm takes to long), I try to take pictures of everything, from the guy that managed to cram 3/8ths nuts on a 10mm axle to the guy with 26es on his two door Impala.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.