Old 02-27-06, 06:32 PM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1&gt
Can someone older than myself explain to me why marriages end like that? Is boredom really a *****?

because people get married when they are still twitterpated--then when the monotony of family life takes hold they feel cheated: "why arent things the way they used to be--i want excitement, adventure, etc" --this happened to two of my best friends--married right out of HS or while in college, while they were still "in love." The "in love" thing fades fast. Both of my friends had to take 2 jobs to support a family--the wife stayed home and got bored and upset b/c my friends worked all the time. [not that its always the female's fault--another one of my male friends got mad at his wife for spending all of her time with the baby and the fact he couldnt hang out with his beer budies anymore, and left her].

Its much harder to love someone than be "in love" with them.

In contrast, my uncle married his best friend of 10 years in his 30s--both were friends while they dated others-they knew each other inside and out by the time they got hitched--no suprises there--20 years and going strong. he works on his cars while she does her thing--they both respect each other's hobbies and arent trying to change one another
--

That and people are such self-centered egoists today that when they can't achieve instant gratification, encounter problems that require time and committment to work out, they quit and move onto the next flavor of the month.

Part of it is also that marriage doesnt mean what it used to. My grandparents fought constantly, but still found a way to make it work for 60 years. Today, someone in thier shoes would have said the hell with it and moved on
---I guess living through the great depression and a world war puts domestic arguments over a canopener in perspective.

My 2 worthless cents