View Single Post
Old 05-09-03, 07:24 AM
lateralus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey! An architect from Portland ....VERY INTERESTING! ! I have long been thinking about a move to Portland, I've studied it quite a bit in school and looked into arhcitecture firms there---looks like there are some good firms. I am into (for lack of better words) "sustainable design" and people are much more into that on the west coast that out here.
i'd be curious to here more about what you are into, where you are on your journay as an architect, how biking fits into your life, biking in portland....all kinds of things realy! I am actually working for Autodesk right now...I was working for a small design studio for several years after I graduated, but after a few years of literally 80 hour weeks every week (not paid of course) I was getting fat and depressed and broke and needed to have more time for ...uh...LIFE!
So I took this job at Autodesk Revit designing 3D software and that is when I got into biking. I bikied in today as a matter of fact and I feel great.
I plan on returning to the field though eventually- I love it too much, but right now am just having fun and doing competitions to keep me in the grooove. I just finished one and turned it in today actually - I'm kind of tired!
Anyway - sorry to ramble...nice to hear from you!