View Single Post
Old 02-28-06, 07:50 AM
Duke of Kent

Bikes: Yeti ASRc, Focus Raven 29er, Flyxii FR316

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was in the Bs race as well. I went down in the crash on the last lap. I was sitting pretty in 15th or so when some dumb POS from IU went off the road and then decided to swerve, rather quickly, back onto it, and everyone had to swerve left and hit the brakes to get around him. I ran up the back of someone, as did a bunch of others, taking 5-10 people down. I didn't know it at the time, but a teammate of mine went down as well, and DNF'd. Luckily I got up quickly and finished, although well behind the main field. What really got to me was the fact that two guys who were behind me on my team finished in the top 5 and top 15, respectively. If only I had been slightly to the right or left...

Overall, the race was a joke. IU had so many people in the race that it was nearly impossible to move up the field without crossing the yellow line. They chased down their own breaks a number of times. I made my moves on the hills, if you can call them that, and picked up spots pretty much every time.

Due to my crash, I was feeling pretty shi**y, and decided not to race the crit sunday.

See ya'll at OU. That course profile looks marvelous.

Last edited by Duke of Kent; 02-28-06 at 07:55 AM.