Old 02-28-06, 01:19 PM
Snicklefritz

Location: In the middle of horse country, in The Garden State
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
do you have a heart rate monitor, or a power monitor? It would be interesting to look at your HR, and power data both before and after that point.

As for what will help, 1) more races, 2) intervals designed to allow you to deal with high intensity efforts and quickly recover, such as power intervals, and build downs.

I have a HRM but no power meter. I'm hoping to get a power tap soon. Funny thing about the HR during the race. I purposely covered up the HR part of the computer so I wouldn't be influenced by the number. Based on how I felt, I would have thought for sure my HR would be in the mid 160's based on what I normally see and feel when I do hill climbs and how I feel around LT (163). However when I looked at the data after the fact, sometimes I was only going up to 158-160 but still feeling like I was putting in a similar hard effort that normally puts me at the mid 160's on the hills. Earlier in the week, 160 was feeling like nothing. BTW my LT was determined by lab testing back in december. Anyhoo, I had a crappy warmup the day before (felt tired early on) so I thought I would do crappy. But I was surprised by how good I felt the day of, except for having my legs shut down like that.