Old 02-28-06, 08:53 PM
mtb-chop

Bikes: Stumpjumper FSR 30th Anniversary

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crosseduprr600
i currently just bought a Yavapai with front and rear brakes and my bike also has this slight rubbing in the front wheel can u adjust the brakes on this model???

P.S i bought the bike from dicksporting goods so i am not sure what the put together fully or not i have already found a few loose bolts,brake levers could touch the grips and barely slow the wheels and the forks where on backwards bought the bike yesterday monday febuary 27,2006 and i have already found all this any other area's i should check ?
I may catch a blast for this, but who cares - with those problems, I'd check the return policy. With all those problems, you can't tell if that thing is safe to ride and from the looks of things (brakes barely engaging after a full pull to the lever) it isn't. If you don't return it, take it to a real bike shop (not Dicks) and have them go over it and correct any problems from the original poor assembly.

If you aren't too attached to the bike, I'd return it, and take the funds from that plus what you would have spent at a shop to ensure it's safe (about $50) and go to a shop and get a properly assembled bike. Your experience is a great example why people should not trust the kid in the back of Dicks with their safety.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you, and you end up having a great time riding.