View Single Post
Old 03-02-06, 06:26 PM
RVAbatman
Coolest Chick You Know

Bikes: trek 330 (ss), schwinn caliente, schwinn cruiser, a plethora of bike parts that could probably make another bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what's the bike world coming to? (rant)

I'm going to rant a tad.

I was on my way to get something to eat with my friend Mike a little under an hour ago. After we ate we were planning on heading out seperate ways. Now, Mike has a bmx and comes to play crazy bike games with us randomly but he's by no means a biker/bike kid/cyclist/what-have-you. So we walked there. However, I was planning on riding back home as it's my usual means of transportation - so I walked my bike with us.
And a couple minutes into our short-anyway journey, two kids on bmx bikes roll by in the street and I hear "Get the **** on it and ride *****!!!". And they're both starin me down like it's their job. I tried to see if it was someone I knew which would make that event funny. But alas, just two large men on little bikes yelling their heads off.
Point is - it's kind of sad to me to see a fellow bike-enjoyer haggle me as I cater to my friend's speed. I mean sure, I know the fixie and single speed kids can get elitist too. But ****, I'm not riding to impress anyone here. I see anyone on any bike and I think "Hey, you're neat. Nice bike." Granted, I laugh if it's an IRO (the new black). But mostly, I just enjoy the fact that there's another person on a bike out there and I don't try to find the "un-cyclist" like things about them.

Wow. This got a lot longer than I intended. Oh well. I feel a little better being able to vent.

Meh...