Old 03-03-06, 01:49 PM
Peek the Geek
is slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unsuspended
I should clarify.......I use a W.I. Freewheel. I no longer use any W.I. hubs although I had an Eccentric Eno for a couple of years and never had a problem with it. Ebayed it though. Real beauty of a hub.

From your list of three, there isn't a loser in the bunch. I would think you would be happy with any of them. If I had to pick one it would we the Paul. W.I makes pretty hubs though. Both light and strong, but you already know that.

Does paul or spot make a flip flop hub?

Also, Do either of them make a flip flop fixed /free?

In case you want one
I'm actually leaning toward the Paul. Interestingly enough, Spot's web site doesn't show a non-disc hub, but Cambria has one for sale on their web site, so maybe it's a previous year's model that's no longer being made.

Neither Paul nor Spot make flip-flop hubs, but that's not really an issue. This is going to be a XC-only backup to my current mtb, and I've got no interest in running it fixed. So I'll save some weight by having only one side threaded.

Bottom line is, I'm watching eBay for anything of interest. My goal is to put together a nicely-specced bike, saving as much money as possible in the process. I'd like to see just how low I can get the final cost to be without skimping on parts. I've already gotten pretty good deals on the frame itself (an '03 Gunnar Ruffian), a Vicious rigid fork, and a SRAM 9.0 complete brake set---all used but in great shape.