View Single Post
Old 03-03-06, 03:32 PM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some people sleep in/behind dumpsters. Kids raid dumpsters (we found some pretty cool things inside those dumpsters too, Luckily we didn't find any of the stuff Traffic Jammer mentioned). I probably would have gone with bushes but people sleep under those too. only safe thing would be a closet or someplace inside the building and even then you are not 100% secure.

Now, upon occasion I have been known when riding my beater to drop it over an air-conditioning enclosure wall at the local church where I have seen transients pass by and have not had a problem there. The enclosure was locked but the wall was just low enough for me to drop my bike over and grab again when I was done but high enough to hide anything behind it from prying eyes and prevent anyone under 6 feet tall from being able to grab it easy. Probably not a good idea either but in general if I am going somewhere without a lock I try to take equipment that I really deep down inside want to replace anyway.

Last edited by Paul L.; 03-03-06 at 03:40 PM.