View Single Post
Old 03-04-06, 11:39 AM
stargazer48

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr
Great suitcase, I have 2 of them. I can fit my Dahons or Swft in them .
Hey Wav, Glad to have you back. I still waiting for my "Swifty" to be worked on. I know that the Swift will fit in the 31" F'Lite but was wondering did you already try fitting it in. If you did, were you able to fit it in without disassembling the fork? What about the fenders and rack?
I am assuming you will be carrying a water bottle. I would like to carry at least 2, one could go on the stem riser, where would the 2nd go. What about getting an attachment to the saddle? My seatpost will already have a rack attachment.
Like you, I'm getting the TransIt seatpost rack from Performance. I would like to go with one with side panniers but since I would be folding it up several times a day, would it interfere with the folding since I would have to point them to the front of the bike and they would have to go through the top tube. If I decide to go w/o the pannier, I can get either QR or allen bolts. Is the QR version as stable as the allen bolted one? The QR has a 25lb capacity while the other has 20lbs. They look the same except for the hookup. Sounds strange, maybe it's a misprint.

SG