View Single Post
Old 03-07-06, 03:55 AM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey! Less of the heffer Wav! If I'm in the MOOOOd to ride a light bike I use my Strida, remember even after 53 Summers, I'm not an advert for McDonalds! It's UDDERly obvious, BEEFore you spend fortune to lose a few pounds on a bike, a month on red wine and low carbs can trim 10 times that off me!
In the GoBike I have a folder which needs to :-

Be constantly folded & unfolded, and crammed into a tiny locker on my bus

Have good enough suspension to handle some pretty rough tracks

Have good punture proof tyres, not some super light rubber razor blades that sink into any soft surface

Have a good range of gears including some low enough to tow a loaded trailer up our steep Welsh hills

Sure it weighs 28lbs (including 2 front lights, one rear, pedalites, seat lock and tool-bag) but I didn't set out to make a light folder, I set out to make a unique but usable ride which is not kept on the mantlepiece, and after fairly hard use is looking battle scarred already!

So less of the BULL!
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!