View Single Post
Old 05-15-03, 10:45 AM
RiPHRaPH
Don't Believe the Hype

Bikes: 1999 Steelman SR525, 2002 Lightspeed Ultimate, 1988 Trek 830, 2008 Scott Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok then. some questions then.

who are the top american riders in the giro?
is USPS there?
why doesn't lance do this classic (or any classics)
how does the giro match up to the TDF (majesty,tradition,toughness)
if lance entered how would he fare?
will there ever be a helmet cam (like car racing)

general cycling questions:
why is it expected for members of other teams to share in the work needed to get back in the peloton? wednesday, cippo was lagging and clearly needed to get back to the front. the commentators made it seem as if other teams should share in the burden rather than just his teammates (maybe i heard wrong)

what are the 'unwritten' rules of cycling? like no boxing in, sharing food/water?!

i'd like to see the riders eating. what they eat, when they eat

at the end of the coverage they don't tell you the wrap up stat's (length of course, avg speed, top speed, riders out, who benefited the most from that day's action, who moved down the most)

i guess it seems as if liggett is so matter of fact about everything that is happening that it doesn't seem to be exciting for him. his accent is beautiful and all, but i guess i am used to american commentators, often ex-jocks who color the action and get excited and instructional (now there is a lesson for all you young 2nd baseman out there....)

i guess i am just frustrated because i really love cycling and i can't understand the nuances nor can i begin to get others excited about it. after seeing the last world cup and how americans were into it for the first time, i had hope for this european sport as well.