View Single Post
Old 03-13-06, 05:13 PM
ken cummings

Bikes: Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Babysteps
im not overweight how offensive
I apologies Babysteps. I went back and looked at your original post. Nowhere did you say you were overweight. Not that my main post said anything about weight loss, just make changes gradually. If you mothers weight-image reactions are affecting you and your feelings a bicycling forum may not be the place to get started. I helped raise two foster daughters so have a partial understanding of that side of your situation. From what I have seen in advice columns image problems can bother a lot of teens, boys and girls. As a teen cycling helped me burn off a lot of frustration, tension, suppressed rage, and excess energy. I eventually found things I enjoyed (rock collecting and bicycles) and focused on those, and ignored what my HS counselor called my peer group. I still remember the names of three friends I had in HS. Two guys and a girl friend. We all rode bikes. Maybe suggest a school bike club? Even if liability keeps the school from having one it could get you some cycling friends.