View Single Post
Old 03-14-06, 01:25 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by velogirl
It takes a commitment to a change in lifestyle, and that takes time. You are on your way. Keep the big picture in mind. When you feel like eating those biggie fries, eat an apple and/or go for a bike ride first. If you still want the fries, allow yourself, but it's likely that just eating the apple/taking the bike ride will remove the impulse to eat those fries.

Weight gain happens but you have admitted that the diet wasn't right this week. Perhaps the exercise wasn't either, but that was only your first slip up. It will happen again. Only thing to do is get the fruit working, cut down on the fats and sugars, cut out the soda's and beers. If you put your mind to it and eat correctly with the right foods for a week- cutting out the fattening foods- you may not lose any weight- Cut down and down and down again for a month and things will start happening. Problem is that all this exercise is going to make you hungry so find something you can eat as a filler that will not put on weight.

Glad to see you are working at the weight loss, and don't be downhearted, but a bit more commitment may be necessary to achive a lot of what you want.

I used to box in the forces and I had a weight problem. I found trouble losing that final 2 lbs and a lot of work had to be made to lose it. I cut out alcohol completely and only drank water. That worked for me, , but find your own regime that will work for you. Good luck.

Spike Milligan