mendozer
NOOB

Bikes: Diamondback MTB, Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
disassembling the bicycle

i currently bought a mongoose bike, used from this guy. i was teaching myself to learn how to ride last night (i'm 18, and i never rode before. no tease lol) after i totally ate gravel, i realized that my gears sounded weird and jammed a bit while riding. my friend tells me my gear got knockd out and its easy to put back. however, since the bike is kinda old by the looks of it, i wanna take off all the gears and everything, WD40 that baby up and scrub it shiny, and put it back together so it runs like new.

i cant tell you the model i have. it is all red (looks like the previous owner spray painted it all red...maybe stolen???) is has a mongoose badge screwed on the front. thats why i perceive it as old, no decals. i was told it was an 18-speed, but the dial for gears goes from 1 to 7, and on the left has a dial for i'm guessing the front shocks (hard to soft). also, i cant turn it from gear three to 2, its jammed. another reason why i wanna take it all apart and redo everything.

my back brakes are weak so maybe i can tighten it?? i'll post pics when i get home to my camera. as for now, i can only describe it.

personally, i think i was jipped cuz he told me it was a 18 sp, great brakes, year and a half old mongoose, in good condition. of course at that time i cudnt ride it. now i can, taught myself in one night. altho i still cant go straight lol. i paid $40.

anyone can help me?

it would be greatly appreciated.