View Single Post
Old 03-15-06, 11:09 AM
eofelis 
The Rock Cycle

Bikes: Salsa Vaya Ti, Specialized Ruby, Gunnar Sport, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon, Novara Randonee x2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
US Coast-to-coast 2007

We are just starting to think about a big tour next year. The longest tour we have done is a week-long tour a couple years ago.

So far the general plan is to leave in May (when my semester is done). We want to start in San Francisco, head north either along the coast or a bit more inland up to Portland, then head along the Columbia River. We want to see the Scablands. We want to hit geology-stuff along the way. Not yet sure of exact route through Idaho and Montana. Further east, we are not yet sure if we want to go through the UP of Michigan or up and over Lake Superior. Ultimate destination is Boston (my mom lives there).

Time is not a huge factor, we plan to put our "other lives" aside for 6 months.

We want to keep our apt we have now, and have to find someone to help care for our kitties while we are gone. ("Whadda ya mean ya can't freeze-dry 'em?")

We have our bikes and most of our gear already. I'm riding an LHT and my bf has a Cross Check he set up for touring. We plan to pull Bob trailers (got 'em already), and have small panniers for day-stuff on the bikes.

We have been trying to entice a friend to go with us. He's young and not tied down and it sounds like his kind of adventure.

I don't have any specific questions, but if anyone has any suggestions, we'd love to hear them.
Novara Randonee x2
Motobecane Fantom CXX
Jamis Dakar XCR