View Single Post
Old 03-15-06, 12:39 PM
Dr.Deltron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
[QUOTE=duane041]I prefer One-Shot paints (high pigment load, good stuff) and Kafka or similar pinstriping brushes.
A pinstripe brush has long, thin, soft bristles that stay put, even if you move a little bit. But they do take some practice, and they aren't very cheap (a good small brush will cost around $12, really good ones even more).QUOTE]
As a note about brushes; there are two types for striping. One is a striping "sword" used on cars & other flat surfaces. They have the above describe long bristles, but they taper to a point. These are unweildy in the hands of anyone except a seasoned pro, especially around more ornate lugs.
The other brush is refered to as a "lettering quill". They also have long bristles, but they are all the same lenghth. For lug striping, I would try a "double ot" size (OO on the handle). That small size can make a line down to about 1/64". They can be found at good art supply shops. (although I have been to some where the salesperson looked at me and said...duh, a WHAT? when I asked for lettering quills. Oh well) A double ot lettering quill will run you about $12-$20.
Oh yes, One-Shots paints are an EXCELLENT choice!
Cheers, Dr.D