Old 03-16-06, 09:41 PM
harris
Norcal 29er

Bikes: Gary fisher Mt Tam 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay, Looks like nobody else knows about the IRD Dualbangers, so Ill provide my personal opinion. I have used them. I ran them on my bike for a bit, Then passed them onto my bud. He offered me money, and I had some new BB7's lying around. The IRD's have excellent power, and if you set them up with some nice cables, and keep it clean the modulation is great. They are somewhat difficult to set up, definetly not at the level of simplicity of BB7's. I didn't have any problems as far as durability. For 100 bucks, they are excellent. Stoping power is on par with some hydros, and you dont have to fuss with the fluid. Plus, you can use your own levers on them. I was running them with some Avid SD-7 levers, the best in the biz, and they worked great. My bud now runs them with some cheapo Tektro levers that came on his 05 Fisher Tass. Still works great. They are a bit more prone to damage and gumming up from mud and sand and such, so dirty conditions arent as great. But as with anything, they break when they get messed up.

Hope this cleared things up a bit. No crazy TXT-SPEK or AOLese in there I hope.

peace
harris