View Single Post
Old 03-16-06, 10:20 PM
58Kogswell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was in the same situation. I had decided NOT to purchase LHT - yet. I figured another year or two, then get one. I have a mountain bike I tour on - don't like the flat bars though and for one or two night jaunts I am content to use a road bike - my Romulus. Then I saw a hint of the dark cherry pearl color on the Surly site and figured, Why Not? So I called my favorite shop and asked them to go for it and decided if they can get one (in that color), I will take it - if they can't, I won't.

Well obviously they got me one and I am very glad. My wife drove me to pick it up and she liked it so much she paid for it and called it my birthday present. I have a deal with her about the number of bikes I am allowed to have and now I have to sell one but no problem. I have a 59 Romulus that has never been built up or even touched once it was taken out of the box. Not the one I ride - another one. And that is the bike that is going to go and should more than pay for the LHT. No problem - LHT is going to fill a nice spot in the stable. Upper Mid-West Back Road Touring and Get Away Vehicle. I will probably also use it for commuting some of the time. I know I could not have justified / afforded an Atlantis when the Surly is so close to the same thing and I even like this paint / color better than the Atlantis green. I like it that the Surly is $1000 less. Grab one if you can.