Old 03-17-06, 02:56 PM
stella

Bikes: 1960 Denelt; 1970ish Batavas (commuter); 1998 kona cindercone; colnago classic w/campy chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brennok
LOL....I bought a bike but none of the ones I had been looking at. Unfortunately I don't have my digital camera so no pictures for now. After thinking about it I remembered I had $300.00 coming my way from parents who purchased some gift cards I got from work as a bonus. I figured I would take some of the advice and up my budget from $600 to $900 to look at other bikes.

First today was a sale where all bikes were 10% off. Second they had pulled several bikes over from the sister store so they actually had a couple I hadn't seen before. First thing I noticed was they had the Kona Hoss. I gave that ride which I liked but it was an 18 which was too small. They didn't have a 20 in stock and at the same time I wasn't sure if the 20 would be too big. Then while looking around I noticed it. I checked and it was a 19. The paint job was a nice solid blue. More importantly it looked like it would be a perfect fit for me. I gave it a test ride and it seemed just about right. The fork seemed to handle my weight quite well and with that I was sold.

And presenting my new bike....Gary Fischer Cobia
Congrats on the new ride!

Beware of the disease that afflicts many of us on this forum: cyclohism: evidenced by a need for more bikes to do different things; a need to rebuild old bikes to save them from the trash; men who are man enough to shave their legs and the women who love them; if you don't begin to work in a bike shop part time or full time--you have the need to go to your local lbs "just to say hi" and check out the new stuff on a frequent basis.

there are other symptoms, I'm sure others can add to this list.

I started out mtn biking and then discovered road riding, then wanted to commute to work...(I still love mtn biking even though it freaks my 10y/o daughter out--she's afraid Mommy will get hurt, but--she asked me this year if we can go "ride on dirt" somewhere, we will check out an abandoned fire road in the area).
After over 10years of riding, I now own 4: 1 mtn bike (Kona Cindercone, converted to a singlespeed, upgraded brakes; use off road); a "cruiser" (old denault english riding bike--saved it from oblivian (sp?) and use it when riding w/my 10y/o); a batavus touring bike (yd sale find for $7.00, my beater bike around town--run errrands on this); and my road bike--a colnago w/campy chorus (long rides w/friends or on my own).

keep us posted with how it's going!