View Single Post
Old 03-20-06, 04:16 PM
Sawtooth
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marqueemoon
I'm with the other posters. I'll only split lanes when traffic is stopped, but I usually just try to avoid streets where I even have to make the choice.
I actually am just the opposite. I love doing it. I know that sometimes it is dangerous, but that is part of the fun. I just try not to be rude or endanger anyone else. I don't do it without a reason, though, and I do try to protect myself.

We have one light on my way home where the traffic will back up for 1/2 mile in two lanes. There is no room/bikelane/shoulder on the right and all this perfect space between lanes. There is no way I ride all the way in every single day just to sit through 5 rotations of lights and take my turn. HECK NO.... I am taking my turn now baby! Yeehaw. I have to fight the urge to fly up the middle of the lanes, though. I know some redneck is going to try to door me someday.

I am with other posters here....if drivers have a problem with it, they can get on a bike too.