Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Wow, and i'm bummed since i haven't ridden since Saturday. Just curious, how are you able to stay in cycling shape? I suppose you ride trainer etc? I know that you ride a lot of long distance events, but how does lack of riding time effect these endeavors?

I have never really been off the bike much since i started riding a few years ago. I know I have never been more than a few days. So my question is out pure curiousity.

I've been running on the treadmill at the college for 30-40 minutes a day for about 4 days a week. I lift weights about 4 days a week. I walk to and from classes with a heavy backpack 5 days a week (about 1 km each way). I go to yoga one day a week. And I ride my trainer approx. 5-6 hours each week - approx. an hour a day for 5-6 days. I'm working on speed right now so I do intervals on most of my trainer rides.

Oh yeah ... I also work about 15 hours a week at a factory-type job which involves A LOT of heavy, repetitive lifting and walking around. I've been doing that for 4 months now and the other day could barely get into a suit jacket which fit comfortably a year ago ... it is too tight across the shoulders now!!