View Single Post
Old 03-23-06, 05:18 PM
bigfatdud
Infiltrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bike is a hitch type, and it does not fold... It's Yakima Roc4, and older one.

-- Update --

This morning I went to the office, and the door's closed. They open at 9am and I went at 8:55... Anyway, I meet the maintenance guy and chat a little, and it seems that the office is not really hard ball, they won't really take it away or anything. Then he says it's not allowed to park the car tail in for security reasons (someone has to walk around and check the plate numbers he says). So I just show him how my car is parked, and he agrees that now that it's only poking out a little (5" or so) it shouldn't be a problem, and he'll back me up if he happens to talk with the management people in the office regarding this matter.

Then I go to the office, and nicely start talking that I received such letter, my car with the rack is no longer than some other pickups, but I still understand why this is complained and I will simply park in as much as possible so it won't protrude too much. Then she says that's fine.

Case closed? You never know. God knows what they'll come back with to harrass me again. They might as well change their mind this evening and give us another letter!

But I do think hitch bike racks can be dangerous, especially thinking that old woman who lives next. She is old - real old - and always look down when she's moving around. Maybe she bumped into my rack and complained? Also my rack is black-color so especially at night it may be even more problematic. I'm going to buy some reflective tapes and stick them on my rack for that matter.

Anyway, one thing for sure, once the lease is over, I'm outta here. Probably start looking for a small house or something. Or a friendlier apartment.

So please tell me some influential websites where you can review apartments... I remember seeing one but it didn't seem to have many reviews (not too influential).

Anyhow, thanks for all the input. It's been really helpful.

Cheers
BFD

Last edited by bigfatdud; 03-23-06 at 05:24 PM.